Let's talk about Estate Planning first...
Estate planning is a legal and effective method of making arrangements to dispose and manage your estate at death through the use of wills, trusts or other devices. It is not just for the wealthy or those who are on the verge of death. With proper estate planning, you can decide how you want your assets to be owned, managed and preserved during your lifetime and to be disposed when you pass on.
Now, we talk about Will...
How you can benefit?
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about a lot of economic and health uncertainties. It has become more crucial to make sure your estate planning and will is in tip top condition.
If it’s not, this is the perfect time to take a hard look at your finances and get started on your eWill…
- Click https://start.ewill.com.my/ and register your details on the eWill platform including details about your Executor, Beneficiaries, and Guardians.
- Your will be generated and sent to you via email.
- Print the legal will and sign it in the presence of two witnesses simultaneously.
Before you embark to create your own Will online
- Be sure to use your full name as stated in your NRIC even if you are known by a nickname.
- Before you decide on your will’s executor, talk to them about it first.
- Put together a list of your assets that you want to be noted in the Will.
- Decide if there are specific assets you want to leave to specific beneficiaries.
- It must be written in sound judgment and mental capacity.
- You need to name an executor who will ensure the wishes stated in your Will are carried out.
- You need to sign it in the presence of at least two witnesses who are not Beneficiaries of your will [Spouse of Beneficiaries are also not allowed to be the Witness].